Effective Date: April 27, 2020
This policy describes our practices for handling your information on this website (the “Services”).
1. Collection of Information
When you interact with us through our Services, we may collect or receive the following types of information:
Information provided directly by the user
For certain activities, we may collect the following types of information:
• Contact information, such as name and email address; and
• Information you provide us when you send us correspondence, comment on posts, subscribe to a service, or otherwise participate on the Services.
Information we collect automatically
We may also collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device identifier, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information.
Integrations with Social Networking and Other Services.
Our Services may allow you to enable or log in via various online services, such as Facebook, Twitter or Youtube (collectively, “platforms”). Our Services may enable you to access these platforms directly or indirectly through our Services. By including these platforms, we aim to make your online experiences richer and more personalized. When you add a platform account to our Services or log into our Services using your platform account, we may collect relevant information necessary to enable our Services to access that platform and your data that platform holds. We may also share your information with that platform to facilitate or enhance the delivery of that platform or our Services.
2. How We Use Information
We may use the information you provide us to:
• Meet our legitimate interests, including to fulfill your requests for resources, services, and information; analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand, improve and operate the Services; and customize the content you see when you use the Services;
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
3. How We Share Information
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including email deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These services providers are limited from using your information for any purpose other than to perform services for us
• Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, which are companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us.
• Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Geek Guild, our affiliates, owner, users, or the public.
• Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or according to your consent. If you choose to engage in public activities on the website, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas. Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Geek Guild, our affiliates, owner, users, or the public.
4. How We Protect Information
We take measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not esponsible for protecting the security of such information.
5. Your Privacy Rights
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
6. Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms.
Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
7. Children’s Information
Geek Guild does not knowingly collect or store information from children under the age of 13, unless permitted by law. We will delete any information we may have inadvertently received from a child under 13 upon notice. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Geek Guild through our Services please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
9. Changes to This Policy
Effective Date: April 27, 2020
Please review these Terms carefully before using the Services. We may change these Terms or modify any features of the Services at any time. You accept the Terms by using the Services, and you accept any changes to the Terms by continuing to use the Services after we post the changes. If you do not agree to these terms, do not access or use these services.
The Services are available only for your personal and informational purposes. We make no representations or warranties of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the information and other materials made available through the Services. Geek Guild is not liable for any decisions you may make in reliance on this content.
2. Prohibited Conduct
You may not access or use, or attempt to access or use, the Services to take any action that could harm us or any third party, interfere with the operation of the Services, or use the Services in a manner that violates any laws. For example, and without limitation, you may not:
• impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or the origin of materials you transmit;
• engage in unauthorized using of content or personal information, or use any other unauthorized automated means to compile information;
• take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our network or infrastructure;
• use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activity conducted on the Service or attempt to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of, or breach the security of any system or network;
• attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service;
• distribute any unauthorized materials or advertise or promote goods or services without our permission (including, without limitation, by sending spam);
• submit content that infringes on the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights of any third party, are false, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, or sexually-explicit, violate a third party’s right to privacy or publicity, or degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification; and
• engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any person from using or enjoying the Services, or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our users, affiliates, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
We may suspend or terminate your access to the Services for any reason at any time without notice. We also may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the Terms. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. Links To Third-Party Content
The Services may contain links to third-party content. We do not control, endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise accept responsibility for such content.
4. Limitation of Liabilities
Your use of the Services is at your own risk. The Services are provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or other violation of rights.
We do not warrant the adequacy, currency, accuracy, likely results, or completeness of the Services or any third-party sites linked to or from the Services, or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted, virus, or error-free. We expressly disclaim any liability for any errors or omissions in the content included in the Services or any third-party sites linked to or from the Services.
In no event will we, or our owner, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and assigns be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, lost profits, or other damages
whatsoever arising in connection with the use of the Services, any interruption in the availability of the Services, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, loss of data, or use, misuse, reliance, review, manipulation, or other utilization in any manner
whatsoever of the Services or the data collected through the Services, even if one or more of them has been advised of the possibility of such damages or loss.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us and our owner, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns harmless from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), claims, damages, and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the Services and any alleged violation by you of these Terms. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as we reasonably request.
6. Choice of Governing Law
You agree that your access to and use of the Services will be governed by and will be construed in accordance with the law of Japan without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms, you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the Kyoto District Court in Kyoto, Japan.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us concerning the Services. In the event any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of these Terms or your access to and use of the Services.
Our failure to enforce any provisions of these Terms or respond to a violation by any party does not waive our right to subsequently enforce any terms or conditions of the Terms or respond to any violations. Nothing contained in these Terms is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Services or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.